TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Noise canceling headphones

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Noise canceling headphones
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:52:29 -1000
Paul Gates wrote:

$60.00 sounds good to me. R these just head phones... I am looking for a good headset... And where could I get more info on the Koss QZ phones?

www.koss.com

The Koss QZ/99 that I have are NOT active noise cancelling. The QZ Pro apparently are electronic active noise cancelling phones.

I am very happy with the performance (comfort, audio quality, and outside noise isolation) of my QZ/99. No batteries to go dead. If you are familiar with Koss Pro 4AA stereo (high-fi) phones, these feel similar, are lighter, and have much greater outside noise blocking to the ears. They look a little like David Clarks although not green.

In their most recent catalog, AES has the QZ/99, QZ/50 and the QZ/2000. QZ/50 is an active noise reduction unit which uses a AAA battery and is only $50. The QZ/2000 is also an active electronic noise cancelling headphone, running on 2 AA cells, but closer to $180.

You may be able to buy the QZ Pro directly from Koss, or from some other audio or ham dealer.

DE N6KB

 The Koss QZ Pro model *is* noise cancelling.  Works pretty
 well.  About $60.