TenTec

[TenTec] More help needed on Shure 450

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] More help needed on Shure 450
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 10:00:45 EDT
Thanks to all who replied.
I found information on Shure web site but need more information.
Seems from what I can get from the web site that the color code is as
follows:
White = mic
Green = ground
Shield = should go to same pin on OMNI V as green wire.
This leaves two wires:
Red and Black.
Shure says that the Red and Black wires control an external  relay.
Seems they are to activate the OMNI V relay and one of them should go to  pin
#3 on the OMNI V.
Question is which one?
So, from what I can tell here is the way plug to OMNI V should be  wired.
White = mic to pin #1
Green and Shield = to pin #2
But which one, Red or Black should I connect to PTT or pin #3 on the OMNI  V?
I may be over looking something on the web page but I do not see an
explanation of which wire to connect for relay trip.
Or, when to use one over the other.
Thanks as always,
Dan/N4VET