TenTec

[TenTec] Keying Amp with my new Omni VI+

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Keying Amp with my new Omni VI+
From: Kirby Nesbitt <knesbitt@nucleus.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 14:12:49 -0600
Just wanted to solicit the list as to whether I will require an
intermediate keying relay between my "new" Omni VI+ and a QRO HF-2500DX amp.
Amp manual states that the t/r relay should be capable of switching 12v@
80 ma. The OMNI op's manual indicates its to be used to switch low
voltage DC only but does not provide a current rating. Am I risking
damaging the Linear Control Relay in the radio by not using a isolation
relay? I'm a bit gun-shy from using other gear which utilize light duty
relays.

Thanks es 73

Kirb,  VE6IV