TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Problem
From: Bill Brannick <wmlb@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 00:25:47 -0700
Denton wrote:
> recheck the power connector...if it is anything like my Pegasus was,
> consider replacing it with something a lot stouter.

GOOD CALL  Denton.. I was able to replicate the problem by
wiggling the power connector...

That might even explain some odd things (rapidly changing
SWR, etc) as I increased power. Things were probably
breaking down as I drew more amperage from the power supply.

Will try replacing the plug tomorrow. I know they included a
spare one..  I would think the plug (female) would be more
likely to "lose it's grip" with time. But...If that does not
do the trick obviously will open up the Jupiter and check
out the connector side.  If there is any question about
that, will probably replace both plug and connector with an
"upgrade"  Any suggestions?.. ... I would think Molex would
probably have something. Radio Shack has them but it looks
like they are only rated at 12A... and perhaps of a lesser
quality too.

Thanks for the tip..  Would have hated to have to send the
Jup back to TN....

Bill, W6WLB