TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Help

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help
From: "Ariel M. Elam" <k4aal@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:32:33 -0600
Here is a method for providing a quick and easy crowbar.Place a Diodes
Incorporated  1.5KE15A (NTE4920) across the power output AFTER the fuses
ans before the rig. Band goes to +. It will clamp 1.5kW, about 100
amps@15 volts and blow the fuse.

I found this in "73 Amateur Radio Today", May 2002, page 38. Title "An
Ounce Of"

I have installed this on my rigs, but it has never been needed to
prevent a problem.

73,
Ariel, k4aal