TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Looking for a rig upgrade...

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looking for a rig upgrade...
From: "Denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 07:08:37 -0700
My omni vi plus upgraded to option 3 has an excellent reciever...very
comparable to my omni vii, and it can be interfaced with logging programs to
ensure feq hopping during contesting.
I would highly recommend the following...not including researching
filtering...
as I have on my Omni 6 for optimizing it for psk and other high current draw
operation...

Pulling the internal speaker and installing a small fan in its stead to keep
the rig on rock solid feq stability as well as keeping the internals running
cool.
A second fan on the heat sink.

A TT 961 power supply or an Airpax 18 amp circut breaker in series with the
rigs B+ power line.

Pulling the TT dc plug and installing something cabable of handling the
Omni's current draw on xmit....I use Anderson Powerpoles...