TenTec

[TenTec] Orion-II 15m TX Spur?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion-II 15m TX Spur?
From: Trevor <virago@wildblue.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 13:02:16 -0500
During the checkout of my new O-II I observed a significant spur on
11.8mhz while transmitting on 21.105mhz
under the following conditions:

Barefoot - no linear amp.
"Out of the box" default settings - both VFO's on 21.105mhz - mode LCW
on both - (A or B has the same spur)
Tune - advance power level  from 1w to 55w spur is ~30db down - spur
disappears at 50w through 100w.

With amp (SB-220 or HF-2500) at 1kw there is no 11.8mhz spur  however
should I wish to run QRP or reduced power up to 55w barefoot I have the
spur.
My spectrum analyser is 3 feet away from the rig so I took it to another
part of the house and saw no difference in the spur amplitude.

Anyone else see this? No spurs found on any other bands but have'nt
completed my checkout yet.

-Trevor AB5EU