TenTec

Re: [TenTec] My rare Ten Tec microphone

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My rare Ten Tec microphone
From: Peter Connors <monotreme@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:50:55 +0100
Hi Scott,

It says uni-directional in the website text both for the 708 and 709 as
well as the picture of the base. This informed my buying decision.
My 'informal test' consisted of inverting the mic through 180 degrees
while monitoring the speech quality (with SP off).  Off the side. levels
are similar to the front but off the back, room reflections apppear to
predominate.
It sounds very different off the back to the front but the masking
effect of the internal capsule mount and gooseneck end together with
need for lip contact and 100 MIC gain needed to get ALC to flash may be
contributing to this impression.
I will contact the UK importer about the mic.

Pete, G4PLZ