TenTec

[TenTec] Optimum use of Version 2 Orion firmware

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Optimum use of Version 2 Orion firmware
From: John Buck <kh7t@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:26:13 -1000
I have switched my Orion from version 2.056 back to 1.373b5 because of
my perception that the older version NR works much better on SSB in
helping to make weak signals more intelligible.  I would go back to
2.056 in a flash if someone will show me how to prove I can get
equivalent results on weak ssb signals.  In many other ways I greatly
prefer the version 2 firmware.

Aloha,
John KH7T

William Addams <wiladdamsham@yahoo.com> wrote:

IMHO, it is doing NR correctly now, as I want it to suppress noise.
My buddy has shown me how to use other parameters to dig out the weak stations
that others can't, and his other radios in his station can't, including the
SDR-1000, and the $10,000 ICOM.
Maybe TenTec should make a second NR that does things the way it use to. Then,
for those who want both, they would have it.