TenTec

Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: "Being a Contrarian . . ."]

To: Curt Gamble <W0ALC@Mindspring.Com>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: "Being a Contrarian . . ."]
From: Rob & Terri Sherwood <rob@sherweng.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:47:48 -0600
I would say for CW, 80 dB DR3 is adequate most of the time.
Certainly 85 dB is adequate on CW virtually all the time.
W8JI and I completely agree on this.
On SSB 70 dB is likely OK most of the time due to transmitted IMD
products from the other guy.
75 dB for SSB would be better.
At the end of the day, the operator has to enjoy using the radio.
If you don't like the radio, who cares what the numbers are.
73, Rob Sherwood, NC0B