TenTec

[TenTec] RE:Using CB amps with Qrp rigs.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE:Using CB amps with Qrp rigs.
From: owen@piper.eeel.nist.gov (James C. Owen, III)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:55:09 -0500 (EST)
The question was brought up about how to get more power from a qrp rig when
needed. Since no amps are built that will operate at the 50 watt output
level with 5 watts drive what to do? The suggestion was that you could start
out with one of the illegal CB amps and modify with LPF's but would this be
legal since the CB amp was illegal to start with. I said I would try to find
out the correct FCC opinion and here it is as I received it from  Frank
Coperich of the FCC. It looks as if, in fact that the FCC would be very happy
if we QRpers would buy up the CB amps, if for nothing else to get them off 11
meters.  72/73 Jim K4CGY

To: <tentec@contesting.com>