TenTec

Re: [TenTec] set screw

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] set screw
From: Bob Towers <mm0rkt@beeb.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:03:17 +0100
Dennis wrote:
> Thanks Bob for offering to take out that setscrew...
> I have a full set of Allen wrenches, both Imperial and Metric....
> Now that I know its an Allen head, I will fiddle with it till I get the knob
> off...
> my thanks for the info....
> (even with a flashlight, I cant see down that little hole in the side of the
> knob) hi..
> 73
> Dennis
>
> It's a real pain. Your Allen wrench will wander all over the place in
that hole in the tuning wheel until you get it. If you're still
struggling tonight (ie 1700Z), I'll measure the wrench when I get back
from work and give you the size. Being US, it'll be imperial!

I had a similar job with my Corsair II, except when I got the wrench
located, it just turned because the hex hole was burred over. In the end
I drilled it out and replaced it with a bigger crosshead screw.

73

Bob
MM0RKT