TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Single Sweep Spectrum Display

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Single Sweep Spectrum Display
From: "Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales" <sales@tentec.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:34:02 -0400
2 in 1....

Natan Huffman wrote:
> Yes, I would also certainly like to know the status and character of the
> high speed sweep board accessory.  Can TT give an idea of release date and
> cost?  Inquiring minds you know.
>
> Natan W6XR
> Ithaca, NY

There isn't one, unfortunately -- no projected price yet, and it's not
on our production schedule to build at present.

We've seen it in action -- it does look very neat -- but it still needs
some ironing out and not much testing has been done as of yet.

> You mention the Omni VII and Orion II as possible recipients for the "new"
> sweep board.  Does this mean the Orion 565 owners are out of luck?
>
> 73,
>
> Rick, VE7TK

Yes, it does, unfortunately.  When we came up with the idea for the
sweep board, it wasn't for the Orion II -- it was for the Omni-VII.   We
were in the middle of the design cycle on the Omni-VII in early 2005
when we decided to change models to the Orion II, and the capability to
use the new Omni-VII sweep board was also added to the logic system of
the newer version of the Orion.  It can't be retrofitted to the original
version of the Orion.

73
Scott Robbins
W4PA