TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Logic 8 and Omni VII? - & now Omni V...

To: Tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Logic 8 and Omni VII? - & now Omni V...
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@doctorgary.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 23:33:30 -0500
Sure enough, I have the same problem but with an Omni V

Though I've had good luck with Logic as a logging software I 've now
tried getting the Omni V to interface with it and have not been able
to do so. I called Logic's tech help but didn't get things resolved.

I know the USB cable is recgonized by XP, the "Prolific" drivers are
installed & working and the Omni V is ID'd in Logic as a known radio
but Logic still doesn't seem to know the Omni V is on the other end.

The error message given on startup says

"A timeout error occured when attempting to communicqate with a rig.
Make sure the rig is turned on and check cabling and setup parameters

POLLING DISABLED. 0 characters in buffer".

All I want to do is have the frequency/band info get imported
automatically into logic.

Anyone using Logic 8 with an Omni V especially if you're using a
RS232 to USB  adapter?

Thanks!

Gary
KA1J