TenTec

[TenTec] LDG tuner in O II?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] LDG tuner in O II?
From: cx7tt@4email.net
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 09:38:02 -0200
I just installed the OT-11P AT in my Orion II. It works but not as the
Manual sez; for instance, manual states, "press and release Tune button
which will start a tuning cycle and when complete, the word "Tuned" will
appear in the display. This does NOT happen. It also states that the
tuning cycle will auto end in a few seconds. This also does NOT happen
as I have to manually hit "Tune" to disengage the cycle. Finally, the
manual sez that approx 20w will be transmitted  but it appears that I am
getting 50w or so during the cycle. Other than that, it DOES tune the
antenna, "40M CCD" and works pretty well, with SWRs all below 1:2 to 1.
Better yet are the results; antenna apex 35ft with ends about 18ft. Last
nite was first op with the CCD "Constant Currrent Distribution" and
worked HI on 17m, 6Y, TA3 on 20m, YU, IS0 on 40m,  this morning ES on
30m and EY on 17m. All cw contacts. Antenna exhibits good low angle
radiation.

Anybody care to comment on the LDG tuner? I know it originally was for
the Orion I so maybe the procedures/display have been changed...
Finally, after putting the tuner in, I have pretty much lost the cw
sidetone volumne, "100" is pretty weak plus the volume on the radio is
about 1/2 even when wide open. Same if I use an ext speaker; most weird
is that using the headphones does not mute the speaker...back inside to
check on wires and connections...
73
Tom
CX7TT