TenTec

Re: [TenTec] LDG tuner in O II?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,kamar@inr.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LDG tuner in O II?
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 08:54:50 -1000
Sounds like a good method to me. I am curious about the LDG tuner. I
presume the LDG has a built in frequency counter to address tuning
memories for each frequency, or does it use a data connection from the
transceiver to tell it what frequency to tune to when using memory
tuning? In either case what is the frequency resolution? In other words,
if you were to tune it at 3.505 kHz and then again at 3.506 kHz, would
it actually store two separate tuning settings, or would the first one
at 3.505 get overwritten because the two are the same frequency when
described with a resolution of 10 kHz? Also, how many memories does it
have? Is the frequency resolution the same for all bands? It would make
sense to me to use smaller resolution on the lower bands. You might need
five different tunings to cover 80/75 meters and only two each for 20 or
15 meters.  If there is plenty of memory available it wouldn't matter.

DE N6KB