TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Corsair II & Titan 425

To: Tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II & Titan 425
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@doctorgary.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:29:33 -0500
Hi folks,

Thanks for the numerous replies!

I've managed to get things working by using a different keyer. I was
using a homebrew keyer I made a long time ago based on the Curtis
8044 chip. It worked with my old TS-820S, a TR-7 ,Triton, Corsair II
& Omni V with no problem

It does trigger the Titan 425's relay but that does not trigger the
Corsair...

Last night I tried using a retired Ham Keyer I gave my Dad back when
I was a Novice in the late 70's so he would stop using his bug which
for me was hard to copy the way he used it (Gave him a Bencher paddle
back then too). The Ham Keyer also uses the 8044 but a different
circuit I guess for the Ham keyer does the job perfectly.

Has to be something in the output of my homebrew keyer that doesn't
integrate with the 425. Works great now though, Worked a few new on
80M last night and it was flawless.

Thank you all for your kind suggestions and

Happy New Year!

Gary
KA1J