TenTec

Re: [TenTec] TT Omni VI+ QSK Keying

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Omni VI+ QSK Keying
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:39:45 -1000
Hi Tim,

Figure 4-18 Control Board Schematic (81596) on page 4-31 and the third
paragraph in the narrative description of that board on page 4-29,
should tell you everything you need to know.

To paraphrase what the manual says, the TX OUT is pulled to ground by
Q11, which is a MPS 6514, when the Omni VI wants to transmit. If the QSK
circuit in your amplifier will pull the TX EN line to ground when it is
ready for drive, the Omni will oblige.

DE N6KB