TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Centaur tuning problems

To: ronkk9k@yahoo.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centaur tuning problems
From: Carter <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 17:56:02 -0400
Ronald Feutz wrote:

>  Any suggestions as to where to look will be appreciated.  I am an
>  appliance operator but can generally figure stuff out if I can get
>  some good advice on where to start and what to look for.

Ron,
I have a Centurion, not a Centaur, so I can't be too specific. I'm sure
others here will have some good suggestions, but let me offer the
following 'generic' comments:

1) If you are not doing so already, tune up into a dummy load.

2) Band switch of exciter and amp on the same band? (Don't ask me how I
know <grin>)

3) Nothing obviously defective inside like burned/arced band switch,
blown capacitor(s),  messed up parasitic suppressors or plate cap
connections when you changed tubes, etc, etc.

4) Defective coax jumper(s) from exciter to amp, amp to tuner or antenna
switch, etc.

5) Finally and most important:  LETHAL VOLTAGE INSIDE. BE CAREFUL!!! Oh,
did I mention *BE CAREFUL*!!!

Good luck and hopefully some others will chime in...

73,
Carter  K8VT