TenTec

Re: [TenTec] 9420 power supply

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, Billy Cox <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 9420 power supply
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 08:49:04 -1000
Hi Tom,

     Another guy has been working on a 9420 lately, and had problems
with it turning on at all. I believe he discovered at failed IC in the
control board. Perhaps if the two of you corresponded directly you could
help each other.

Here is his email address:

aa4nu@ix.netcom.com

    Have you tried powering the Omni VI with a separate power supply?
There are two ways that the 9420 can get turned on, one is by the
transceiver and one is directly from the Hercules. I have an Omni VI and
Hercules with 9420 power supply, and have never powered the Omni VI from
the 9420, always use a 962 to power the Omni. I wonder if the glitch
that is giving you trouble might happen only from the Omni VI initiating
turn on of the 9420. If you have another power supply for the Omni it
might be a fairly easy thing to try.

Ken N6KB