TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Omni VI + Audio noise

To: "Brian Carling AF4K" <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI + Audio noise
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 21:28:48 -0600 (CST)
It is just normal zipper noise created by the steps of the rotary
encoders.  Some are worse than others.  Re routing of data cables inside
the radio can help.  Adding chokes to the cables can help.  Not a lot of
room to work and little to no extra cable lengths to add the chokes.

I spend hours and hours and hours and made many new cables with
sufficient lengths to add chokes.  Got about 90% of the zipper noise gone
and many of the birdies.

Frankly, it isn't worth the time and expense and effort.  It doesn't
affect the true performance of the radio.

73
Bob, K4TAX