TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI Inputs Please

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI Inputs Please
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 12:28:04 -1000
Hi Bill,

     Are you sure that is an Omni VI and not an Omni VII? The Omni VI
has been out of production for some years. Perhaps Ten-Tec still has one
that has never been sold before and can legitimately be called a "demo"
and not "used."  I think it is more likely that they would have Omni VII
"demo" units than Omni VI.
     In any case the Omni VI is the best MF/HF CW rig I have ever owned.
There are very few rigs with as good or better performance ratings, and
most if not all of them are quite a bit more expensive. I have read many
complaints on this reflector about the TX or RX audio on SSB, but I
think they are mostly from people who do not understand the difference
between effective communications grade audio and high fidelity audio. I
have no complaints about it for SSB use, but I seldom use SSB.
        I cannot comment on the Omni VII, as I have only seen them in
QST and on Ten-Tec's web site.

DE N6KB