TenTec

[TenTec] Think about trading for another HF rig? ; the grass isn't alway

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Think about trading for another HF rig? ; the grass isn't always greener at the other side of the fence...
From: Mark <pa5mw@home.nl>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 19:07:01 +0200
Guys,

Sure many of you want to have issues fixed on their Orion through new
firmware, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.
I don't want to bash Elecraft ( I love them and own 2 K2's and XV144 and
XV50) but for those of you who want to trade their Orion for a K3, you
better read this first:

http://www.g4ilo.com/2009/09/review-of-elecraft-k3-18-months-on.html

Why am I showing this news?
My friend has a K3 for 18 months too and he sure recognizes the
mentioned issues.
We have compared his K3 on 160m against my Orion on a few occasions.
Marginal differences in favor of the Orion.
But do I think about a K3? For VHF transverter use yeah, perhaps. For
HF, low bands?
Not in a million years.

Still the K3 is also a GREAT novelty in hamradio equipment.

Some love sheep, others love cows*
Both furry and tastefull :)

73 Mark, PA5MW
* me likes pork