TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion II Firmware Release

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Firmware Release
From: ringlord <ringlord@dragnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:03:56 +1000
Thanks John Henry,
As a relatively new O2 owner (7 weeks or so) I find it reassuring that
at least TT are reading the mail. My O2 was delivered with 039A on board
and I have been hesitant to upgrade to 041A let alone 042A.  These have
both it would seem been released as Beta versions and to me that says
what it says; there is no point winging about bugs in Betas..  Having
said that though, there does seem to be an extraordinarily long lead
time between releasing Beta versions and releasing the final versions.

I like many others  (I presume) took the gamble on the O2 fully knowing
the history and inherent shortcomings.  I gambled because I wanted that
extraordinary front end.  I gave up the bells and whistles on the
"others" and I am overjoyed that I did.  I am now working stations that
in the past could hear me but whom I could not copy.  Strong adjacent
QRM is also now not nearly so much of a problem.  I guess I have found
what I was after.  Sure would be nice if all the bugs were out of the
system and the never ending promises of a new screen board came to
fruition; I guess I'll have to be patient.  In the mean time I have one
hell of a beast on the desk in front of me that eats the rice burners
for reception and is not to shabby on Tx.
Best 73s
Mario
VK3NI