TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Centurion 422B

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion 422B
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 21:29:22 -0500
One time fixing a BC transmitter where the rectifier bases were arcing
over after a lightning transient came in on the power line, I chipped
off the aluminum from the 872 ceramic and the ceramic socket, then
applied Krylon (red was on the shelf) as that insulating barrier. I'm
sure Glyptal or corona dope would have been better but I didn't have
those in my tool box and the station had the red Krylon on the shelf. I
was 25 miles from the nearest electronic distributor and couldn't find
out if anything else was bad until I could get the plate voltage to come
up. Their insurance company was glad to see me succeed in putting them
back on the air.

73, Jerry, K0CQ