TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OT: Microphones

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Microphones
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 23:02:33 -0400
Other than being worn looking... is the Shure 444 still working OK ?

That mic is A LEGEND.    I am thinking you could get a new case and a
replacement switch, and restore it to like new.  Not sure, but I think
the switch parts are available.

I understand your love affair with Shure microphones.   I have several
Shure hand-held and headset microphones - my first was purchased in 1969
when I was in a really lousy rock band.  But... Lots of microphones
would work swell with the rig, but it sounds like you like the way you
can hold it, and access the PTT switch with it in hand.  Virtually ANY
decent dynamic mic would plug right in and do fine.  I have several you
could buy for cheap - but I think you would do well to see if you could
refresh yours and get a new...old mic....