TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Major H/L Voltage drop

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Major H/L Voltage drop
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 12:04:15 -0800
On 12/3/2010 11:27 AM, ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net wrote:
> Excessive load on the HV secondary could also reduce the voltage produced by
> the 28 V secondary.

I'd call that VERY unlikely.  The soft start circuit, as noted by Jerry,
Ron, and me is a far more likely cause.  I mentioned the caps because
there is also the possibility of a "two problem problem,"  and more than
once I've seen folks (including me) go way too far down the wrong path
because they ruled it out.  :)  That is, bad caps in BOTH power supplies
could give the result noted.

73, Jim K9YC