TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Eagle Comparison

To: george fritkin <georgefritkin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle Comparison
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:50:23 -0600
Art made stories. Art didn't take much to advice from others, and those
who stayed on his payroll didn't give any. I suspect the number of ex
Collins engineers is 5 or 6 times their largest work force over history.
Many left because we didn't like being treated as slaves (one of Art's
characteristics was presuming his engineers worked for him 24/7 in what
ever location he thought needed) getting paid less than lab techs
because we were on a straight salary though scheduled for working 60
hours a week and the techs got time and half. Many departed because,
with his bad finances, getting bank loans came with the string attached
of reducing the white collar work force by 10% usually about twice a
year. And those dismissals were applied to each department whether
working 30 or 60 hours a week. The loss of personnel on a large project
didn't speed it up even if there was a contractual penalty for being late.

I can tell a few tales, besides my general grumbles, but I'll reserve
them for now. Many are archived on the Collins Radio Association list
archive where I'm a technical adviser.

73, Jerry, K0CQ