TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Airpax Breaker Part and Source

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Airpax Breaker Part and Source
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:24:40 -0600
 From Hamilton Hicks last May.

> I have an Airpax breaker model lELK1-1REC5-51-20.0-01-V.  I assume
> the "20.0" is 20 amps. An accompanying Ten Tec sheet refers to it as
> a Model 1140

Airpax has made and makes many breakers with the same current and speed
characteristics. I think the 51 in that part refers to a pure magnetic
breaker with no intended (hydraulic) delay. 20.0 refers to the current,
the rest of the part number refer to package, mounting, presence or
absence of auxiliary (indicating) contacts. style of operator, and
color. Also it should be rated for DC 24 volts or less. So voltage,
current and fast speed are the critical items. Last I looked Airpax's
catalog was available on line and there have been vendors of Airpax
parts, some will sell in single units. I don't have that catalog
memorized anymore.

73, Jerry, K0CQ