TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Airpax Breaker Part and Source

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Airpax Breaker Part and Source
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 20:54:08 -0500
Curt:

Most Ten Tec owners seem to be going to Poco Sales
(http://www.pocosales.com/). They have a minimum order of $25. The
breaker that you have looks like the Ten Tec 1140, which was used for
the Corsair and similar rigs. The "0" after the T11 indicates an instant
trip breaker, which, according to Poco, is very scarce. I exchanged some
e-mail correspondence with them  about a week ago.  Here is what they
quoted:

"The 20A quoted below has been put to use in hundreds of Ten-Tec
applications and none have yet to complain."
T11-1-20.0A-01-11C-V    @ $12.50/ea
Parts are in stock

They know about the 17.5 amp instant trip requirement, but they do not
stock such a breaker.

  I  am looking for a fast trip 5 amp breaker for my Century 22, but
that is not a stock item, either (8 weeks lead time).  They do stock
slow trip breakers but I don't think they are  fast enough to protect
the finals, which is why Ten Tec specified instant or fast trip breakers.

If you only need one breaker, you can probably team up with a couple of
other guys to make the minimum order.

                             73,

                             Bob WB2VUF