TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Titan vac relay

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan vac relay
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:21:36 -0800
On 12/23/2010 3:27 PM, Dennis OConnor wrote:
> Well, it is just my experience in the real world that makes me strongly doubt
> that the expensive and painful export restrictions

You guys seem to be going a bit "round the bend" on this.  I wouldn't be
so sure that the high price quoted to Rafael had much in the way of
export duties in it (if at all).  Remember, he said that it was $375
PLUS S/H.  When I've gotten quotes on parts like this from Ten Tec the
prices have been out of sight. And they would have been shipping only as
far as Chicago. :)

Another point. International shipping can get VERY expensive, for
reasons having nothing to do with import/export.  Last month, several of
us flew down to PJ4 (off the coast of Venezuela) for CQWWCW, and wanted
to ship one of own kW power amps so that we didn't have to drag it
through three airports.  It would have cost us nearly $500 EACH WAY from
Atlanta. One of the guys ended up dragging it, at a cost of about $100
plus a very sore back.

73, Jim K9YC