TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Titan vac relay

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan vac relay
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:57:56 -0800
On 12/24/2010 4:50 AM, d.e.warnick@comcast.net wrote:
> To the whole crew who spent a lot of their dollars, time and hard work,
>
> Thanks for providing the new on so many bands and modes

As DX trips go, this one was quite inexpensive.  My total cost (food,
travel, accomodations, fees) was about $1,500.  Most DXpeditions can
cost upwards of $10K, and the really rare ones can cost a lot more.

NI6T put it well -- countries are rare because they are remote, or
because they are hard to get to, or because few people live there. Those
conditions almost always mean that it will be expensive to travel there
and set up a station.  And PJ4 (Bonnaire) is neither rare nor
unpopulated -- it's a nice little island, and we met a couple of local
hams during our visit who gave us a warm welcome.

73, Jim K9YC