TenTec

Re: [TenTec] What about antenna wire? What to buy?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What about antenna wire? What to buy?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 18:06:24 -0600
Farm stores and hardware stores in farm territories often carry toroidal
shaped ceramic insulators with a groove around the outside that make
decent antenna insulators. Sometimes they are only sold by the box of
ten or twelve but costing similar to special antenna insulators by the
unit price.

The loop of wire around an insulator will make the antenna resonant at a
slightly lower frequency with a wider bandwidth.

Power companies go for a light gray wire color to hide it in the sky
more often than blue.

73, Jerry, K0CQ