TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion with Dying Receiver

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion with Dying Receiver
From: K8JDC <K8JDC@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 12:17:58 -0500
Well, I'm not ready to pronounce it fixed yet but it's now been working
for half an hour which is the most it's worked in a day now.  I pulled
the face plate off and checked to make sure all the cables were firmly
seated and then turned the radio on and the main receiver finally sprung
to life.  I then noticed that it would die if I lightly tapped on the
boards mounted to the back of the face plate.  I thought maybe the
boards didn't have a good ground connection so I snugged up the screws
on the boards and the two ground jumpers to the main chassis and it's
been running fine for a while now.  Most all of those screws were very
slightly loose (quarter turn to a half-turn).  I snugged up the
accessible screws on the other boards while it was open.  We'll see how
it goes.

Dave
K8JDC