TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Omni VI 1st IF Narrow CW Filter Enable?

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI 1st IF Narrow CW Filter Enable?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 02:19:00 -0500
Great !  I don't know about Hosfeldt, so I can promote the boycott !
The other outfits have treated me well so far, so I can comfortably
start with them !

Thanks for the leads.

I must becoming a real ham...  I have at least three unfinished projects
on the electrical bench already.  Surely that is a valid criterion.  I
am about half way through construction of the TT Model 1254 receiver, a
fairly big job for a novice.  I have only mangled one coil  (TT replaced
it as a courtesy) and have finally figured out how to identify the
@#$%#$  diodes, because the instruction manual does not identify them
clearly.  TT sent me a new identification list... but ...Sheesh... they
should have been included a revised list with the original manual if it
substituted different parts from what was specified in the original
manual !  How would I know they are the same if they are marked
differently ?

Happy Trails.