TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion 1 and Orion 2 advice

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 1 and Orion 2 advice
From: Larry <robison@netohio.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:49:46 -0500
Karl,

I accidentally came across a very good buy on an Orion I recently. I was
so impressed that within a month, I called TT and ordered an Orion II.
Both are better than excellent radios. The biggest difference that I can
see is the display, with the color display on the Orion II being
superior. I would not give up my Orion II period. If I had it to do over
again however, I would stick with the Orion I and save a lot of $$$.
Besides the display, I cannot see that much difference. Both are
excellent! What I would do differently is that I would have had the
Orion I display changed to the new Blue Silver display that you see on
the Jupiter. It is a very smart display and easy on the eyes. I was told
by TT that the display was available for the Orion I and that the cost
was $150 plus installation labor. There are quite a few very good buys
out there on an Orion I and that's how I would do it.  -- Larry W8ER