TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Speaker cable connector

To: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Speaker cable connector
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 14:09:15 -0500
Barry,

I use AMP MTA .100" connectors and headers for that purpose among
others.   They are low cost, very light and compact and will pull apart easily
if
you take the bottom cover off and forget to disconnect the speaker.

Mouser p/n is 571-3-640440-2 for the 2 circuit connector and 571-6404522
for the 2 circuit header.

The only downside is that the connector is insulation displacement type and
can be a problem if you don't have the proper tool.  Since I use the MTA
connectors in production, I have the "proper" tool (read expensive) so I
cannot offer a tested way to get the wire punched down into the connector
without the tool.

Perhaps others here have mastered that process.

73,

-Lee-
wa3fiy