TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Dead TT 280 PS

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Dead TT 280 PS
From: John Graves <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 10:51:48 -0500
Dave,

You are confirming what I thought....that the switch might be the source
of the problem.  Actually, I checked it after pressing both top and
bottom of the switch. next is taking the top off the PS and going to
work. I had been using the the Omni but running off my switcher that I
use as a station supply, so I never before had checked the 280, my bad.
  Of course when I loaned the Omni and supply to a friend nothing worked.

Switches seem to be the bain of my existence.  I have one of those power
distribution strips (like MFJ but labeled Tenma.)  Worked fine for a
long time but it appears that I loose continuity through the low power
side when I get up around 8-10 amps there.  I will check them both out
and jump into the Mouser/MCM catalog to see what is available in a
lighted switch, if that is the problem in them both.

John Graves
WA1JG
jh.graves@verizon.net