TenTec

[TenTec] Orion 1 Smudge on the Screen.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 1 Smudge on the Screen.
From: Paul <hglent@frii.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:02:08 -0500
I took the Orion 1 off the table a few days ago.  I finally had to clean
up the mess. Put the rig on the shelf until I finished the cleaning.
When I went to bring it back to the op table I noticed a "smudge" on the
upper left corner of the screen.  I tried to carefully wipe it off.  No
such luck.  Powered the rig up, and still the "smudge" is there.

I have done several resets, and still it persists.  Upon examination it
appears to be some kind of discoloration between the 2 outer layers of
the display.

Do any of you folks have any ideas as to what this is, and should I
start saving my money for a new rig???

Thanks in advance for all the learned advice I am about to receive.  It
all will be greatly appreciated.

Paul K.
WA0BAG
PS The XYL just gave me her learned advice about a new rig, the Eagle!
I guess I better figure out a way to fix the Orion, or learn to live
with it.  hi hi