TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds and balanced fed verticals

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds and balanced fed verticals
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 19:12:50 +0000
Joel,

Thank you for that explanation.

I was puzzled because neither in the text nor in the block diagram of
the test setup is there any mention of a tuner at the signal generator
end, and I can only see one tuner being used for the back-to-back tests
in the Figure 4 photograph.

I see some practical difficulties in adjusting the two tuners: the tuner
at the generator end will need to be adjusted whilst watching the
microvoltmeter at the load end 95ft away; and because the settings of
the two tuners will be interdependent it will necessary to iterate the
adjustments several times - not easy when they are 95ft apart.

73,
Steve G3TXQ