TenTec

Re: [TenTec] THANK YOU

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] THANK YOU
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 20:21:22 -0800
On 2/1/2012 7:27 PM, Kim Elmore wrote:
> I suppose it
> might be argued that he should simply provide a link to the report,
> or perhaps a full reference to it so that we can go get it ourselves
> and let us figure it out. That argument is perfectly legitimate and
> would come across as: "I know this stuff, and I know the sources. If
> you want to know it, too, then go to those same sources."

Thanks for your appreciation of what I was trying to convey, Kim.

The relevant AES Standard is AES48. The AES charges $30 for each of them
to partially pay for the considerable cost of preparing them. All of
those who work on the standards are volunteers (except to the extent
that they are paid by their employers).  You can buy the Standards at

http://www.aes.org/publications/standards/

I have several times posted links to my website, where you can download
the AES Papers, and also tutorials I've written on a variety of topics,
all of them pdf files.  It's

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/publish.htm

Bill Whitlock, President of Jensen Transformers, another Fellow of the
AES, and also a principal author of these Standards, has some very good
tutorials on his website.

http://www.jensen-transformers.com/apps_wp.html

73, Jim K9YC