TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OT: Scopes

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Scopes
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:55:46 -1000
> There is no better way to troubleshoot a rig than with a scope.
> The fact is, almost any scope will do.

I all you care to do is look at voltage levels and signal levels along
the course of circuitry, this may be true. If you need to look at
digital waveforms or making timing measurements, then you will probably
want a scope that has a good triggered sweep. Best to have at lease two
channels so that you can use one channel as a trigger input, and also be
able to look at it to confirm exactly where in the waveform you are
triggering the sweep. and the second channel to look at the time
relation of other events in other parts of the circuitry.

I cannot recommend any scope that is not a Tektronix. (There are no "c"s
or "s"s in Tektronix by the way)

I know there are probably new expensive scopes as good as old Tektronix
scopes. There are not many old scopes as good as old Tektronix scopes.

DE N6KB