TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Using an Argosy in the field

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using an Argosy in the field
From: John <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:11:56 -0400
Steve,

Thanks for the info.  I had suspected that the lighter plugs were not up
to the demand of powering the Argosy.  Can I assume that the real power
input to the Argosy is 50 W on high and 5 watts on low.  Actually the
manual says 9 amps on transmit and 0.5 amps on receive.  RTFM wins
again.   If I assume I talk 60 % of the time that comes out to about 4
AH at full power.  Again, assuming figures don't lie that would give me
about 1 .5 hours of operation at full power  with a 7 AH battery or
about 6 hours at low power?   Does this line up with what you have
experienced in the field?  I picked the battery size because that was
the first battery I saw listed on Ebay.  What battery and size do you
use?  This is a new area for me.  Also have you found a small charger
for portable use?

Thanks,

John / WA1JG