TenTec

[TenTec] Jupiter

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 15:34:55 -0700 (PDT)
Well George & Steve, you have got me thinking about that Eagle. It would be
nice to try one out, who knows. I just watched some You Tube presentations on
the both the Eagle and the newer Jupiter; they both have their strong points. I
like to operate CW (although I may occasionally plug in the microphone)and my
initial thoughts were that the new Jupiter is better suited for CW and the
Eagle for phone; but watching the videos has changed that perspective to some
degree. The cw decoder would be a nice feature for those times when I cannot
wrap my brain around 25+ wpm; especially after a tough day at work. Oh well,
they are both in the same price range; my initial concern is that the Jupiter
has been around for about 10 years and Ten Tec seems to change up models with
some predictability. I plan to keep the Omni VI and the Triton just as long as
I can keep them working, but I would like a new pre-retirement radio going
forward. Thanks again for the Eagle
 perspective. 73s Rip  W7RIP