TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Transmit not stopping when PTT is released

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Transmit not stopping when PTT is released
From: Dave Edwards <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 17:53:08 -0500
Yea...back the power on the rig down to nothing, and see what happens!
....Dave

On 12/5/2013 5:51 PM, Carl Moreschi wrote:
Sounds like an RFI problem to me.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 12/5/2013 5:43 PM, Rod Greene wrote:
I just installed a new to me microKeyer II. Trying to follow the setup instructions in the manual, I connected a mono cable (RCA plugs) between Amp Key 1 on the O2 and PTT IN on the mK2. When the O2 is keyed (via footswitch or VOX) the O2 stays in transmit when the foot switch is released. Only way to get the O2 out of transmit is to turn its power switch off.

Is this controlled by a setting I may have missed? I've read through the manual until I'm blue in the face ... As long as I don't connect this cable between Amp Key 1 and PTT IN everything seems to work okay.

Also - running the rig into a dummy load to eliminate RFI in the shack doesn't make any difference.

For now I'll just not connect this cable. Not sure I need it, but haven't yet tried the mK2 with N1MM or any other software.