TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Merger

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Merger
From: Dave Heil <k8mn@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 01:21:31 +0000
I enjoy perusing the Sherwood receiver stats. What about either of the Orions was not compatible with the likes of the IC-7800 or TS-990 at a great deal less money? Even the FT-5000's receiver is only marginally better in some regards. The problem was, they quit making them.

73,

Dave Heil K8MN

On 5/21/2014 01 05, Cecil wrote:
I agree...I'd buy that.  That said I would also like to see Ten-Tec do a blow
out flagship to showcase the best they are capable of.

It would be a low volume unit but would be competitive with the Icom 7800, the
Kenwood TS-990 and the Yaesu FT-9000...  Things learned in that process could
trickle down to the volume sales leaders...

Just thinking out loud...

Cecil
K5DL