TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Virtual Serial Port recommendation

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Virtual Serial Port recommendation
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 08:54:12 -0400
My N4PY software interfaces to HDSDR to make any radio I support work as a panadapter with that radio. For example, the Softrock Ensemble II receiver (only $92) can be controlled with HDSDR. My N4PY software can then control say an Omni VII and also control HDSDR. With this setup the softrock Ensemble II becomes a panadapter for the Omni VII allowing you to click on the HDSDR panadapter screen and have the Omni VII instantly go there. And vice versa, as the Omni VII is tuned, the HDSDR screen follows the Omni VII showing the signals around and at the Omni VII frequency.

Of course, the Omni VII could be any one of over 50 radios that I support. And the Softrock Ensemble II could be any Panadapter radio that can be controlled via HDSDR or PowerSDR.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 6/3/2014 8:03 AM, Reed Krenn wrote:
The software is called HDSDR. First time I had heard of it.

http://www.hdsdr.de/screenshots.html

Reed / WW3A

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 7:38 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX<RMcGraw@blomand.net>
wrote:

Anyone figure out what software he is running on the computer?  For some
reason I didn't catch it.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Spencer"<k5gak@powerc.net>