TenTec

Re: [TenTec] More Junk....

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] More Junk....
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 14:25:14 -0400
It is clearly an artist's rendering. The perspective and proportions are wrong, the four upper right corner knobs are not labeled at all, the vent in the top of the case is crooked, and so forth. Serious scrutiny will reveal more faults, but it appears to be an artist's take to me. Nevertheless, it seems to be be the product of some serious thought about knobs, buttons, and ergonomics, and not just a casual sketch. It has the feel of a real product under real development.

Interesting, however, but while I take Rick's point about the tiny readouts at the top, most guys go gaga over the waterfall, so the bigger that is, the more they will sell.

I think it kinda matches my own vision of what should come next. Enough knobs for the usual adjustments, a big screen display, waterfall and band scope - bigger than a P3 and included in the box - and surely one could make some clear, easily readable menus on that big display screen. Lots of I/o options on the back. Not too big, but big enough to feel like you got something for the money.

The overall concept appeals to me. Of course, that is merely rough appearance, who knows if it will work!

Just MY take.

On 6/4/2014 12:45 PM, Barry N1EU wrote:
On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Tom Pennebaker <n4rs@iamotelephone.com>
wrote:

It's only a prototype and maybe we can cut them some slack for that.