TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion II "default" settings

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II "default" settings
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 10:57:45 -0500
If you ask 5 Orion owners about AGC settings, you'll get 5 answers.
Here's mine, based on 4 years of Orion use:

AGC settings required special attention only in the early days of the
Orion I.  There is a lot of misinformation out there, including
outdated documents, that keep getting referred to.  Just choose
fast/med/slow, set AF Gain to 50% (for Heil headset) and adjust RF
Gain so that you can just hear background noise.  Done.

73,
Barry N1EU