TenTec

Re: [TenTec] which power supply…station efficiency

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] which power supply…station efficiency
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 07:46:49 -0600
All three transceivers at my station are connected direct to my Astron SS-30M. The DC power leads are less than 4 ft in length each, the leads being #12 stranded and fitted at the power supply with ring terminals which are both crimped and soldered to the wires.

I run a #10 stranded from each radio ground back to the power supply ground. For wire type, I've found some nice Red/Black zipcord that is #12 for the DC service and for the ground, I use #10 automotive primary wire that is white in color.

For the external equipment, i.e. illumination of the metering in the 238 Tuner unit and to power the AVG/PEP SWR & PWR meter are taken from the AUX +12V of the various radios.

Although I may have all three radios on at the same time, I've not found a need to transmit on more than one at a time. I basically adhere to the idea that every connection is suspect at some point in time and every connection does introduce some amount of resistance.

73
Bob, K4TAX

DISCLOSURE:
This is to inform all persons, I am a Tentec Ambassador and I receive
compensation according to the Tentec Ambassador program.  In addition, I
serve as a volunteer beta test person to Tentec for the Omni VII, Eagle
and Argonaut VI radios.  I hold no employment relationship, no financial
interests nor do I conduct any commercial business, direct or indirect,
with Tentec.

----- Original Message ----- From: "denton sprague" <denton@oregontrail.net>